What it does ?
- CRM 2013 uses SQL field level encryption for a set of default entity attributes that contain sensitive information, such as passwords stored in the CRM Database.
- Data encryption prevents a database administrator from accessing encrypted data. The password fields for the following entities are encrypted:
- User Settings
- Yammer token
- Encryption is currently limited to some out of the box password fields. It is not currently possible to extend this encryption feature to additional fields.
- Data Encryption once activated cannot be deactivated.
- Encryption feature cannot currently be extended to additional fields.