Worried about enabling BitLocker for your personal drives\hard disk ?
You can try below steps for copying files to your external drives\hard disk without BitLocker encryption.
- Open registry. (Run à Regedit)
- Navigate to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Policies\xyz\FEV (xyz stands for your company name or reference name used by IT department)
- Modify ‘RDVDenyWriteAccess’ value to 0. (by default value will be 1)
- Close the Registry.
- Unplug and re-plug your external drive (if it is already plugged in).
- You will be able to copy files on external drives even though it is not decrypted using Bit Locker.